Saturday 10 June
Show jumping timetables in real time can be followed here: online.equipe.com
HAMINA BASTION ARENA 9:00-23:30
Show jumping*: Pohjola Series season opening show jumping competitions 2023
Bastion evening live music after the competitions (free entrance). Food stalls also open until Bastion closing time.
- Horse Expo in the Hamina Bastion vaults
An extensive selection of equine supplies and gifts can be found for riders and horse lovers alike.
The Horse Expo is open Wednesday-Sunday 7-11 June. Friday-Sunday admission to the Horse Expo via the
Bastion programme ticket.
Horse Expo open hours
- Wednesday 11:00–18:30
- Thursday 10:00–18:00
- Friday 10:00–18:30
- Saturday 10:00–20:30
- Sunday 10:00–17:00
- Town Expo
The centre of Hamina, including the Town Hall Square and Fredrikinkatu Street, will be pedestrian zones and a Town Expo area during the Equestrian Event. The Town Expo includes a food market.
The Town Expo is open Friday-Sunday 9-11 June as follows:
- Friday 12:00-18:00
- Saturday 10:00-18:00
- Sunday 10:00-17:00
KESÄPUISTO SUMMER PARK CHILDRENS’ AREA 10:00-18:00
The Kesäpuisto Summer Park Children’s Area includes hobby horse riding tracks, hobby horse and other workshops, in hand riding, ponies and more!
Find food and licorice to keep hunger at bay, and perhaps enjoy a picnic in the park or pick up a bite to eat on the Jaspis summer terrace.
The Puistotalo building in the Summer Park hosts a horse-themed art exhibition by Stiina Hovi.
OTHER THINGS TO EXPERIENCE IN HAMINA
Musical programme for the whole family
- 11.00-16.00, Vepa Stage at the Hamina Market Square
- 18:30-19:15 Mig Martin & Vesa Haarala music, Raittiustalo, the Hamina Temperance Society Building, Isoympyräkatu 30
Horse and pony parade: Finnish Historical Carriage Foundation together with Hamina Hywät Asukkaat Residents’ Historical Association and the Sinebrychoff Brewery horses
- 11:00 Parade: The team of horses and ponies leaves Hamina Tervasaari and makes its way through town to the Hamina Market Square. The Hamina Hywät Asukkaat Residents’ Historical Association and the Sinebrychoff Brewery horses are part of the parade.
- Afternoon: The horse and pony team drives around the Hamina centre and stops to rest by the Market Square.
- 15:00 Team harnessing at the Hamina Market Square, preparing to drive through town back to Tervasaari.
- 16:00 Horse and pony team leaves the Market Square, returns to Tervasaari via the centre of Hamina.
Ascot-hat workshop 10:00-21:00 non-stop, Lasistudio Sevenon, Fredrikinkatu 7. Fee 40 €.
Pop-up Summer Cafe opening at the Merikeinu Alpaca Farm 12:00-18:00, Mustikkatie 16, FI-49510 Husula. See the animals, try goat agility.
- 17:00-18:00 sound bath in a hammock. Reserve a spot and pay www.vello.fi/merikeinu. Fee 20 €/person.
Live music at the club 18:30- music at Wanha Työski, HELMU-Klubi, Sibeliuskatu 28, free entrance
Pop-up waffle cafe starting at 10:00, Linnoituksen terveys, Pikkuympyräkatu 24
THE Hotel terrace (Kotka Bowling) live music: IhmeDuo Paananen & Seppälä 18:00, Duo Gusto 21:00, Raatihuoneentori 4.
Taverna Tervanaru, live music starting at 18:00, Tullimakasiininranta 9.
ART EXHIBITS IN HAMINA
- Horse-themed art exhibitions open Wed-Sun 10:00-18:00. Free entrance.
- Katja Hannula, private exhibit 7 June-11 June, Hamina Summer Info, Raatihuoneentori 14
- Stiina Hovi, Tulikavio – Värin ja tunteen voimalla 7 June-11 June, Puistotalo, Fredrikinkatu 9
- Tiia Tiainen, Momentum 7 June-11 June, St John’s Church, Raatihuoneentori 10
- Suomen Hippos Association 50th year celebration photography exhibition 7 June-11 June, Hamina Summer Info, Raatihuoneentori 14
- Other art exhibits
- Kontrasti 4 June–21 June, Robert Schürmann, photography exhibit, Hamina Main Library Gallery, Rautatienkatu 8, open hours 11:00–18:00.
- Rautainen suoja 4 June–29 June, Mari Hillo and Terhi Penttilä joint exhibition, graphic art and video installations, Gunpowder Magazine Gallery, Roopertinkatu 8, open hours 11:00–18:00.
- Kesätunnelmissa – Summer Feelings by Fashion Designer Jukka Rintala and Visualist Matti Vaskelainen 1 June-31 August, Shop-in-shop 7on Lasigalleria, Fredrikinkatu 7, open hours 10:00-20:00.
- CHARM OF NATURE – Finland’s Best Nature Photos Exhibition* 9 June-12 August, Hamina Town Hall, open hours 11–18. Entry fee 5€/adult.
- Hamina Town Museum 6 June-27 August. During the Horses in the Bastion event, open Wed 10:00-18:00 (free admission and Thurs-Sun 10:00-16:00 (admission 5 €/adult). Kadettikoulunkatu 2.
- The Shopkeeper’s Museum 6 June- 27 August. During the Horses in the Bastion event, open Wed 10:00-18:00 (free admission and Thurs-Sun 10:00-16:00 (admission 5€/adult). Kasarminkatu 6.
- Museum Tugboat Merikarhu 80 years exhibition 6 June-13. August. Suolamakasiini, Tervasaari pier. Open Wed 12:00-18:00, Thrus-Sun 10-16, free admission.
- Satamahinaaja Merikarhu open starting 7 June 12:00-16:00 on Wednesdays, Tervasaari. Free admission.
- RUK-Museum, Wed-Sun 11-18. Kadettikoulunkatu 8. Admission 8€/adult.
- Wanha Veteraani, The Old Veteran Peacekeeping Museum, Wed-Sun 10:00-16:00, Kadettikoulunkatu 7. Admission 12€/adult, 8€/ages 15-18 years
- St John’s Church, 5 June-25 August Mon-Friday 10:00-18:00, Raatihuoneentori 10
- St Mary’s Church, 5 June-25 August Mon-Friday 10:00-16:00, Pikkuympyräkatu 43
- Orthodox Church of St Peter and St Paul, 7-11 June, Wed-Sun 12:00-16:00, Raatihuoneentori 2
8.30- International Vaulting Competition, Hevoset Bastionissa in cooperation with Harjun oppimiskeskus Harju Vocational College
Summer Cafe and Kiessi, the museum of horse‐drawn vehicles open 13:00–19:00.
Harjun oppimiskeskus Harju Vocational College is located about 20 km from the centre of Hamina.
CHECK THE PROGRAMME FOR THE OTHER HORSES IN THE BASTION EVENT DAYS!
Please give us feedback on your visit to the event!
*Fee charged for admission