Sunday 11 June
Show jumping timetables in real time can be followed here: online.equipe.com
HAMINA BASTION ARENA 9:00-17:00
Finnhorse dressage kür*
Show* Western riding
11:00 KADETTIKOULUNKATU CITYRAVIT SPEED RACES STREET RACE TRACK (START FROM THE TOWN MUSEUM), FREE ADMISSION
Cityravit Speed Races: including Finnhorse, warm-blood and pony starts as well as montè start
Find the results here.
- Horse Expo in the Hamina Bastion vaults
The Horse Expo is open Wednesday-Sunday 7-11 June. Friday-Sunday admission to the Horse Expo via the
Bastion programme ticket.
Horse Expo open hours
- Wednesday 11:00–18:30
- Thursday 10:00–18:00
- Friday 10:00–18:30
- Saturday 10:00–20:30
- Sunday 10:00–17:00
- Town Expo and food market
The centre of Hamina, including the Town Hall Square and Fredrikinkatu Street, will be pedestrian zones and a Town Expo area during the Equestrian Event. The Town Expo includes a food market.
The Town Expo is open Friday-Sunday 9-11 June as follows:
- Friday 12:00-18:00
- Saturday 10:00-18:00
- Sunday 10:00-17:00
KESÄPUISTO SUMMER PARK CHILDRENS’ AREA 10:00-17:00
The Kesäpuisto Summer Park Children’s Area includes hobby horse riding tracks, hobby horse and other workshops, in hand riding, ponies and more!
Find food and licorice to keep hunger at bay, and perhaps enjoy a picnic in the park or something to eat on the Jaspis summer terrace.
The Puistotalo building in the Summer Park hosts a horse-themed art exhibition by Stiina Hovi.
ART EXHIBITS IN HAMINA
- Horse-themed art exhibitions open Wed-Sun 10:00-18:00. Free entrance.
- Katja Hannula, private exhibit 7 June-11 June, Hamina Summer Info, Raatihuoneentori 14.
- Stiina Hovi, Tulikavio – Värin ja tunteen voimalla 7 June-11 June, Puistotalo, Fredrikinkatu 9.
- Tiia Tiainen, Momentum 7 June-11 June, St John’s Church, Raatihuoneentori 10.
- Suomen Hippos Association 50th year celebration photography exhibition 7 June-11 June, Hamina Summer Info, Raatihuoneentori 14.
- Other art exhibits
- Kontrasti 4 June–21 June, Robert Schürmann, photography exhibit, Hamina Main Library Gallery, Rautatienkatu 8, open hours 11:00–18:00.
- Rautainen suoja 4 June–29 June, Mari Hillo and Terhi Penttilä joint exhibition, graphic art and video installations, Gunpowder Magazine Gallery, Roopertinkatu 8, open hours 11:00–18:00.
- Kesätunnelmissa – Summer Feelings by Fashion Designer Jukka Rintala and Visualist Matti Vaskelainen 1 June-31 August, Shop-in-shop 7on Lasigalleria, Fredrikinkatu 7, open hours 10:00-20:00.
- CHARM OF NATURE – Finland’s Best Nature Photos Exhibition* 9 June-12 August, Hamina Town Hall, open hours 11–18. Entry fee 5€/adult.
- Hamina Town Museum 6 June-27 August. During the Horses in the Bastion event, open Wed 10:00-18:00 (free admission and Thurs-Sun 10:00-16:00 (admission 5 €/adult). Kadettikoulunkatu 2.
- The Shopkeeper’s Museum 6 June-27 August. During the Horses in the Bastion event, open Wed 10:00-18:00 (free admission and Thurs-Sun 10:00-16:00 (admission 5€/adult). Kasarminkatu 6.
- Museum Tugboat Merikarhu 80 years exhibition 6 June-13. August. Suolamakasiini, Tervasaari pier. Open Wed 12:00-18:00, Thrus-Sun 10-16, free admission.
- Satamahinaaja Merikarhu open starting 7 June 12:00-16:00 on Wednesdays, Tervasaari. Free admission.
- RUK-Museum, Wed-Sun 11-18. Kadettikoulunkatu 8. Admission 8€/adult.
- Wanha Veteraani, The Old Veteran Peacekeeping Museum, Wed-Sun 10:00-16:00, Kadettikoulunkatu 7. Admission 12€/adult, 8€/ages 15-18 years
- St John’s Church, 5 June-25 August Mon-Friday 10:00-18:00, Raatihuoneentori 10
- St Mary’s Church, 5 June-25 August Mon-Friday 10:00-16:00, Pikkuympyräkatu 43
- Orthodox Church of St Peter and St Paul, 7-11 June, Wed-Sun 12:00-16:00, Raatihuoneentori 2
8:30- International Vaulting Competition: Hevoset Bastionissa in cooperation with Harjun oppimiskeskus Harju Vocational College
Summer Cafe and Kiessi, the museum of horse‐drawn vehicles open 13:00–19:00.
Harju is located in Virolahti, about 20 km from the centre of Hamina.
OTHER THINGS TO EXPERIENCE
- A team of Finnish Historical Carriage Foundation horses and ponies can be seen driving around the Hamina centre. The Sinebrychoff Brewery horses are part of the cavalcade.
- Ascot-hat workshop 10:00-21:00 non-stop. Lasistudio Sevenon, Fredrikinkatu 7. Fee 40 €.
- THE Hotel terrace (Kotka Bowling) 12:00-16:00 Raatihuoneentori 4.
PLEASE CHECK THE PROGRAMME FOR OTHER HORSES IN THE BASTION EVENT DAYS!
Please give us feedback on your visit to the event!
*Fee charged for admission