Thursday 8 June
HAMINA BASTION ARENA
9:00-19:00 Regional level show jumping
- Horse Expo in the Hamina Bastion vaults
An extensive selection of equine supplies and gifts can be found for riders and horse lovers alike.
The Horse Expo is open Wednesday-Sunday 7-11 June. Admission to the Horse Expo is free on Wednesday and Thursday.
Horse Expo open hours
- Wednesday 11:00–18:30
- Thursday 10:00–18:00
- Friday 10:00–18:30
- Saturday 10:00–20:30
- Sunday 10:00–17:00
ART EXHIBITS IN HAMINA
- Horse-themed art exhibitions open Wed-Sun 10:00-18:00. Free entrance.
- Katja Hannula, private exhibit 7 June-11 June, Hamina Summer Info, Raatihuoneentori 14
- Stiina Hovi, Tulikavio – Värin ja tunteen voimalla 7 June-11 June, Puistotalo, Fredrikinkatu 9
- Tiia Tiainen, Momentum 7 June-11 June, St John’s Church, Raatihuoneentori 10
- Suomen Hippos Association 50th year celebration photography exhibition 7 June-11 June, Hamina Summer Info, Raatihuoneentori 14
- Other art exhibits
- Kontrasti 4 June–21 June, Robert Schürmann, photography exhibit, Hamina Main Library Gallery, Rautatienkatu 8, open hours 11:00–18:00.
- Rautainen suoja 4 June–29 June, Mari Hillo and Terhi Penttilä joint exhibition, graphic art and video installations, Gunpowder Magazine Gallery, Roopertinkatu 8, open hours 11:00–18:00.
- Kesätunnelmissa – Summer Feelings by Fashion Designer Jukka Rintala and Visualist Matti Vaskelainen 1 June-31 August, Shop-in-shop 7on Lasigalleria, Fredrikinkatu 7, open hours 10:00-20:00.
- Please note! CHARM OF NATURE – Finland’s Best Nature Photos Exhibition* will open 9 June-12 August, Hamina Town Hall, open hours 11–18.
OTHER THINGS TO EXPERIENCE
Ascot-hat workshop 10:00-21:00 non-stop, Lasistudio Sevenon, Fredrikinkatu 7. Fee 40 €.
- Hamina Town Museum 6 June-27 August. During the Horses in the Bastion event, open Wed 10:00-18:00 (free admission and Thurs-Sun 10:00-16:00 (admission 5 €/adult). Kadettikoulunkatu 2.
- The Shopkeeper’s Museum 6 June- 27 August. During the Horses in the Bastion event, open Wed 10:00-18:00 (free admission and Thurs-Sun 10:00-16:00 (admission 5€/adult). Kasarminkatu 6.
- Museum Tugboat Merikarhu 80 years exhibition 6 June-13. August. Suolamakasiini, Tervasaari pier. Open Wed 12:00-18:00, Thrus-Sun 10-16, free admission.
- Satamahinaaja Merikarhu open starting 7 June 12:00-16:00 on Wednesdays, Tervasaari. Free admission.
- RUK-Museum, Wed-Sun 11-18. Kadettikoulunkatu 8. Admission 8€/adult.
- Wanha Veteraani, The Old Veteran Peacekeeping Museum, Wed-Sun 10:00-16:00, Kadettikoulunkatu 7. Admission 12€/adult, 8€/ages 15-18 years
- St John’s Church, 5 June-25 August Mon-Friday 10:00-18:00, Raatihuoneentori 10
- St Mary’s Church, 5 June-25 August Mon-Friday 10:00-16:00, Pikkuympyräkatu 43
- Orthodox Church of St Peter and St Paul, 7-11 June, Wed-Sun 12:00-16:00, Raatihuoneentori 2
12:00-17:30 National Eventing Competition, organised by Ratsastusseura Skara ry and Hevoset Bastionissa in cooperation with Harjun oppimiskeskus Harju Vocational College
Summer Cafe and Kiessi, the museum of horse‐drawn vehicles open 13:00–19:00.
Harjun Oppimiskeskus Harju Vocational College is located in Virolahti, about 20 km from the centre of Hamina.
PLEASE CHECK THE PROGRAMME FOR OTHER HORSES IN THE BASTION EVENT DAYS!
Please give us feedback on your visit to the event!