Friday 9 June
HAMINA BASTION ARENA 9:00-22:00
Show jumping*: Pohjola Small Grand Prix preliminary, Pohjola Bronze Grand Prix preliminary, Regional and National classes
Dressage*: National FEI Grand Prix
Bastion live music and food after the competitions (free entrance)
Horse Expo open in the Hamina Bastion vaults. The Horse Expo open hours follow the competition timetables.
10:00-18:00 Town Expo and food market in the Hamina Town Hall Square and around the town centre.
KESÄPUISTO SUMMER PARK CHILDRENS’ AREA 12:00-18:00
The Kesäpuisto Summer Park Children’s Area includes hobby horse riding tracks, hobby horse and other workshops, in hand riding, ponies and more!
Find food and licorice to keep hunger at bay, and perhaps enjoy a picnic in the park or have a bite to eat at the Jaspis summer terrace.
The Puistotalo building in the Summer Park hosts a horse-themed art exhibition by Stiina Hovi.
ART EXHIBITS IN HAMINA
- Horse-themed art exhibitions open Wed-Sun 10:00-18:00. Free entrance.
- Katja Hannula, private exhibit 7 June-11 June, Hamina Summer Info, Raatihuoneentori 14
- Stiina Hovi, Tulikavio – Värin ja tunteen voimalla 7 June-11 June, Puistotalo, Fredrikinkatu 9
- Tiia Tiainen, Momentum 7 June-11 June, St John’s Church, Raatihuoneentori 10
- Suomen Hippos Association 50th year celebration photography exhibition 7 June-11 June, Hamina Summer Info, Raatihuoneentori 14
- Other art exhibits
- Kontrasti 4 June–21 June, Robert Schürmann, photography exhibit, Hamina Main Library Gallery, Rautatienkatu 8, open hours 11:00–18:00.
- Rautainen suoja 4 June–29 June, Mari Hillo and Terhi Penttilä joint exhibition, graphic art and video installations, Gunpowder Magazine Gallery, Roopertinkatu 8, open hours 11:00–18:00.
- Kesätunnelmissa – Summer Feelings by Fashion Designer Jukka Rintala and Visualist Matti Vaskelainen 1 June-31 August, Shop-in-shop 7on Lasigalleria, Fredrikinkatu 7, open hours 10:00-20:00.
- LUONNON LUMOUS – The Best Nature Photographs* 9 June-12 August, Hamina Town Hall, open hours 11–18. Entry fee 5€/adult.
OTHER THINGS TO EXPERIENCE
A team of Finnish Historical Carriage Foundation horses and ponies can be seen driving around the Hamina centre. The Sinebrychoff Brewery horses are part of the cavalcade.
Ascot-hat workshop 10:00-21:00 non-stop. Lasistudio Sevenon, Fredrikinkatu 7. Fee 40€ includes hat and supplies. Pre-registration required: call Anne tel. 040 744 4571.
HARJUN OPPIMISKESKUS HARJU VOCATIONAL COLLEGE
9:30-13:30 Eventing National Championships, Ratsastusseura Skara ry and Hevoset Bastionissa in cooperation with Harjun oppimiskeskus Harju Vocational College
15:30 International Vaulting Competition, Hevoset Bastionissa in cooperation with Harjun oppimiskeskus Harju Vocational College
Summer Cafe and Kiessi, the museum of horse‐drawn vehicles open 13:00–19:00.
Harjun oppimiskeskus Harju Vocational College is located about 20 km from the centre of Hamina.
*Fee charged for admission